Wednesday 2 May 2007

Debbie Harry

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
What was your first job?
I was baby sitting and house helper for a woman with 5 small children who wet the bed a lot.
What is your favorite type of clothing?
I don't know if I have one favorite, but it looks like shoes and underwear get the most space.
Can you ever see yourself leaving New York?
New York has always meant excitement and challenge for me. Also I feel very at home in the older sections of the city.
What is something you would like to do eventually?
Be satisfied
What is your favorite drink?
Alcoholic, champagne. Non-alc, sparkling mineral water.
What is your favorite color? Favorite pair of colors?
Lately, peachy pearly pink rose
Who are your favorite artists?
Warhol, Harms, Boselitz, Matisse there are so many it's hard to make lists, which I really hate doing......
If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
One that could disappear at will.
What is your favorite joke?
The Siamese Twin Joke.
Any words of wisdom/life lesson?
No.
What is your favorite hair color?
I seem to like them all, as I've had them all, but Blonde has made me famous.
What encouraged you to move to NY?
I was always interested in the thrilling city life and wanted to live there always. I was right.
What is your favorite venue?
In the city I like, Hammerstein Ballroom
Are there any other unexpected collaborations coming up in the near future?
Yes.
How can our readers find out more about what you're up to?
I tend to be secretive about my up and coming work cause I like to explode it out, not let it rickle down, I am trying to get my space in better condition. I have played bits of new stuff there but have stopped in order to put the whole collection together.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Interview by PegLeg Nyc
Photos courtesy of Amos Poe